Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Luke's almost ONE!

I've been an emotional wreck as Luke's first birthday has been approaching, blame it on my prego hormones but what mommy doesn't get chocked up at the though: Where did my little baby go? I see him feeding himself grown up human food and then taking his zippy cup with both his hands and taking a big drink then he looks at me with that big boy smile and his one big tooth poking out... I just think WOW!

It feels like just yesterday that we brought him home all swaddled up, wrinkly and red and I was breastfeeding him every 2 hours and look at him now! I have a baby thats resembling more a toddler everyday! It amazes me how much he has changed in one year and I can't even begin to imagine how much he'll grow and learn this next coming year.

Now I really understand what people mean when they say, "They grow up so fast."

As I reminisce on this past year I think of how many times Luke has surprised me with that sweet brave adventurous personality! So many times I have thought, "oh he's too little," "oh he'll cry," "he wont like that" and he proves me wrong over and over again!

From the first time we took him too the beach I thought he was going to cry the first time he felt the sand or the cold water and this guy absolutely loved it and literally squealed from joy as he played in it! He loves every dog, every animal, (except cats, ok I'm still training him on that one) anything he can get his hands on this guy loves! At Disneyland I thought he would be scared of the characters dressed in costumes but if this guy could take one home he totally would! He would actually cry when we were taking too long to get to them! He didn't cry on any rides even on on Pirates of the Caribbean, I was prepared for a melt down after the drop or during the loud booming sounds but this guy was just brave as can be and amazed at everything!

It feels strange to say that I look up to and admire Luke but I truly do! I look at his little character and his personality and I just know that the Lord is preparing him to be an awesome big brother! I never met a baby so fun, joyful and a baby that just enjoys life! He's so independent its a little scary but so admirable! I can picture him telling his little brother or sister "It's ok don't be scared, I'll help you." Since I found out I was pregnant I've been telling Luke that the Lord chose him to be a big brother because He knew he would be a great one and the qualities he was blessed with just show it!

How this little person melts my heart over and over again is beyond me.

This year has not been easy, if anything every little thing is twice as hard, going out, getting in the car, getting out, grocery shopping, the mall, having dinner... I mean pretty much my whole life! But I would do it all over again because even though it's twice as hard my life with this little guy is also a hundred times better, happier, funnier and messier, and I love it!

I'm so thankful to the Lord for allowing me to conceive, birth and raise this precious life! My gift from the Lord! Thank you for Lord for  choosing me as his mommy and blessing him with his first year of life!








No comments:

Post a Comment