Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy 3 Year Anniversary to my Best Friend

In the last 3 years the Lord has led us through many laughs, celebrations and joys! He has also carried us through many dark troubling trials and has brought us forth as gold! As painful as those seasons have been, by the grace of God we have grown closer and stronger together and have truly experienced the joy of being lifted up by one another.
Through the season of miscarriages and waiting on the Lord, Fred was the sweetest most loving supporting friend, I could not have made it through with out him. He pointed me to the Lord, reminded me of God's love for me when I felt none and patiently wiped my tears away. I know it was a hard time for him as well and seeing him seek the Lord through all the mess encouraged me and lifted me up. After the rain I was brought closer to the Lord, came forth with a stronger trust in him and also made me fall even deeper in love with Fred.
We have also experienced sweet answered prayers, from Fred's teaching job, to a house and what we both desired and longed for the most, a sweet baby. As the time to meet our little Luke approaches the dynamic of our relationship has changed completely. My biggest fear when I got pregnant with Luke was that Fred and I's relationship would be hindered and that we would grow apart. I was terrified I'd turn baby crazy and without realizing disregard Fred's needs. Praise the Lord this has not been the case at all!
Having a baby on the way has led to a growth of appreciation towards one another. Fred has been the most caring papa bear. I've seen a side of him I never knew before. The way he cares for me, his tenderness, his excitement for Luke has been a beautiful sight to see. He's never missed one doctors appointment, I didn't have to talk him into taking all the classes the hospital had to offer, he joyful has joined me and has been excited to learn all about this new chapter in our lives.
Fred, these last 3 years have been the best 3 years of my life. I'm so blessed to be married to you, an amazing man of God and I look forward to our 75th year Anniversary with all our children and all our grandchildren, I'll hold your wrinkly hand kiss your wrinkly cheek and run my fingers through your gray hair. I know the love we have for each other has only been possible because Christ has loved us first and we have surrendered our relationship to him. Thank you for being the best example of Christ laying down his life and loving the church. We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19. I love you forever.
Happy 3 Year Anniversary Babe!
Some of my favorite pictures of moments and details of the best day of my life, 6/19/2009








No comments:

Post a Comment